Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 05, 2012

More ways with flowers

Adding flowers to cards always gives a very girly effect but can cost quite a bit of money if you have to buy them every time.

Over the last few months I have started to make my own ...  but not everybody has lots of different dies or punches to make them.

But even if you don't have a vast choice there is no reason why these beautiful embellishments can't be added to your cards.

The flowers on these cards have all been created from the smallest part of the Anenome Flower Topper from Spellbinders.   
It is the bit that would create the flowers centre ... but it makes lovely Daisy like blooms for this card.

All I did was to use different coloured papers and card to cut them out and this alone will give them a varied look.

I shaped the petals to the flowers just as I did with the Bitty Blossoms and I have added a video to show the process of   making flowers  

Whichever way you choose to make flowers just spending a little time curling the petals will give your flowers a softer look and to me is well worth the efffort.

The first card is made with various shades of pink but the one on the left I created from greens and biege for a softer look.

For the centres I have added pearls on this and gemstones on the first card.

And the "Bling" is the finishing touch for both cards.

Both backgrounds have been created with an inked up embossing folder for a Faux Letterpress effect.

And I am quite pleased with the end result on both of them

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for two lovely cards, I must say I was just looking at that little die last evening but not sure what to do with it :) did it take long to learn to use the inks for the background as a reasonably new crafter I've not mastered it yet.

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. Great idea for the die. I have this die and did not know what to do with it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards:) I love all the flowers:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. both card are equally gorgeous I love how you have done the cascading flowers xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...