Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 06, 2012

Matting and Layering

A cardmakers term that  needs to be explained as many new  cardmakers are stopped in their  tracks by words  that those of us who know  how to make cards use  willy nilly.

I remember going to a computer  class many years ago and being asked by the tutor  "Do you know anything about computers?"    To which 80% of the class said a most emphatic "NO!!!"

She then proceeded to tell us to use the mouse to add the cursor to the search box ... and click,  add the title  "Whatever it was.... "  and hit enter.

Most of us spent the next few minutes looking for furry creatures running around, wondering what a cursor was,  why we needed to hit anything and  where and what it was we were entering. 

So a not very  helpful tutor and a not  very explicit lesson, as she clearly didn't understand  the answer "NO" to  her own question in the first place.

I know when  I started to make cards it was something I had never come across and I  couldn't find a detailed answer to  my question   "What is matting and layering?" ....

Having been asked the same question ...  and  not wanting to be tarred with the same brush as  my earlier  tutor with the PC's, ...  I decided to make a short video to explain  exactly what  Matting and Layering   is.

It is aimed at those people new  to this hobby  who don't know all  these terms  that are bandied about.

It has had a good response from lots of people ...  so I seem to have hit the correct level and I am happy to be of use to the many many  people joining the growing band of new cardmakers every single day.

It is for  You  that  Card Making Magic   was born.

Hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. What a fine idea to get down to basics. I've been crafting for centuries and appreciate you taking the time for many of the newbies out there! I sort of feel the confusion when it comes to Spellbinders dies, which for me are still a challenge! Please stop by and say hi...
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the wonderful videos you make. They are so well explained, and very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...