Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 29, 2013

Whitby Bargains...


Hi Everybody,

Wandering around the town on our weekend away to Whtiby we popped into the "Pound Shop" as I knew they had some  bargains on double sided foam pads.

I also found some packs of Organza Sheets in many colours. These are the same ones I used in the tutorial for Organza Flowers 

That page was added to the website a few years ago...  but the shop where I used to buy them from stopped selling them ..... Oh No !!!

But now that I have found them again and where to get them from I have amended the web page and added it here for you.  There is no web address for them but many towns have a "Pound Shop"  full of goodies.

And don't do the stupid thing I did and ask the assistant how much they are .... "Let me see... " she said as she stroked her chin .... "Could they be a pound maybe... " and we both bursted out laughing.

I bet she thought I was an idiot ..... no comments please !

Here is a card made all that time ago too with the flowers attached and it looked as pretty then as it would now.

I always like to add flowers to my cards and these are just that little bit different ...  for a change.

The layers to the flower can be joined with a brad, another flower, glue or simply stitched and you can add as many layers as you like.

But please take care with the heat gun as it WILL burn if you
aren't.


The flower on the red card has been added with a large bead cap in the centre that has the brad pushed through it.

And all these are available from Wild Orchid Crafts


More tomorrow ..

Hugs xx





6 comments:

  1. Both the cards are gorgeous Christina!! i sooo love them... wowww! And the flowers are beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Christina. I haven't seen your organza flowers tut yet so I'll take a peek later. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait till you try to use your bus pass at the checkout in the supermarket - just another senior moment♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a blessing to me. My craft room has Christina all over it. I can't wait for the next e-mail notice. Don't have these shops in USA. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous!! I love the images and the colors!! The designs are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to be closer to a Pound Shop but then you can bet that it wouldn't have ths organza paper in it :) It looks beautiful and makes lovely looking flowers to adorn beautiful cards.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...