Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 20, 2016

Water Colour Wednesday - Make a Splash!

Hi Everybody,

This fun card uses elements that are my two favorite things to play with ... die cutting and water colouring,

Because I have been doing quite a lot of water colouring lately I thought I would show you a card each Wednesday

I have also been buying lots of stamps and matching die sets that produce the sweetest of cards very easily

The featured set here is from Clearly Besotted and it is called Make A Splash!.



There are four dolphins for you to colour and I have used the Gansai Tambi water colours for mine and cut them out with the dies

I used the colour smooshing technique  with Distress Inks onto some parchment and card,  to get the sea effect

I layered the panels up with foam pads to give the height.

This side view shows you how the layers are raised up from the card and I cut the wave effect with my border dies ... yet another way to use a border !!


I think this is a lovely card to give to a child and if you added in a birthday sentiment it would be spot on.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, so cute. Perfect for a child's birthday.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Christina,
    A very cute card, love the dolphins,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Christina, this is a fantastic card one of my daughters would love a card like this as she loves Dolphins she is 46 this year but that wouldn't matter.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Christina, i do like the Dolphins { they look so cheeky } and the way you have created your card, is just perfect .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina the dolphins are so cute, this is the sort of card I love to make for my younger grandchildre , thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really sweet card, Christina!
    wonderful colouring, and a great idea to use border dies for the waves:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Christina :) Water Color Wednesdays...... I LOVE IT! Brilliant Idea! And I love this morning's card, as well! It's just adorable! Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy a wonderfully creative day. Big Hugs.

    On another note, I just wanted to share my condolences on the world's loss of Dear Professor Snape - Sir Alan Rickman. He was a brilliant actor with a very distinct style, I just loved. He will be VERY much missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, Christina,
    Guess what has just gone on my wish list?! What a great stamp and die set and a great price for the two as well. I think I can have a LOT of fun with this set and not just for children's cards :). I love the way you've painted in the sea, what great waves you've managed to make with your border die...note to self, get some more borders :)
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina, what a fun and great card...your water color series will be hit.....thanks for sharing your talent with all of us...love the card....well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christina, what a cute card, ideal for children's cards.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a lovely cute card, the colouring and the way you layered it is beautiful, as you say, just right for the little ones....a lovely set, maybe I should go and have a look....thanks Christina....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina another great card today a perfect card for a child's birthday.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christina
    What a cute card and right up my street as I love dolphins. As you say a perfect childs card.
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute, love the layers and your colouring. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable card! I was surprised when I clicked on the "border dies" link and saw the dies you used for your waves. You are always creative and this card shows that. Awesome use of watercolors too!
    Sandra Smith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christina, love this oh so cute card. The colours a great and the dolphins have great expressions. Never mind it being a childs card, I can think of a few adults who would love to receive this fantastic card. Janelle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! That is the sweetest card. Beautiful, Christina.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...